We are working hard to improve DTG Print Solutions, with the intentions of providing the best tips, tricks and resources for the DTG printing industry. With this in mind, we have created an area on our website called the Community Marketplace, which we hope to build into the premier marketplace for used (and possibly new) DTG printers, pretreat machines, supplies and lots more!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Anyone with a used DTG printer, accessory or assorted supplies can post ads in the Community Marketplace. The system works similar to the popular Craigslist platform in terms of self-moderation and management; you create your own ads, upload photos and a detailed description of what you are selling, then post the ad – buyers contact you directly (you can mask your e-mail address when posting) and all transactions are handled privately.
SELL YOUR DTG PRINTER!
Guidelines for Posting Ads:
- Be Honest and Transparent – Don’t Skimp on the Descriptions: Make sure you describe what your are selling honestly and accurately. Describe the condition of the equipment, and don’t leave out any flaws or broken parts. Buyers of used DTG printers often understand what they are looking for, and any information they can get about what might need replacing will not only allow them to make an informed buying decision that is compatible with their specific business model, but also help ensure a more successful and enjoyable experience for both parties. Any ads with false or misleading information will be removed.
- Be Tidy: Please be sure you delete your ad once your equipment is sold. This will prevent a bunch of follow up leads trying to contact you after your printer has been sold, and it will allow potential buyers to focus on the most current and relevant listings.
- Use High Quality Photos: Small, grainy photos don’t show anything and do little to help enable a more informed decision for the buyer. Make sure all photos are of decent size and quality, and try to highlight the important aspects of whatever you are selling. Photos sell products, so please take this step seriously.
- Offer Your Buyers a Great Deal: We all know the used DTG printer market is tough – these products tend to lose value quickly in this industry and it breaks our heart to take a major loss after (often) such a short period of time. However, make sure you are pricing your equipment realistically, understanding that the main reason most people buy used is to save money. Offer your potential buyers a great bargain and your listing won’t last long – the better the bargain, the faster your stuff will sell! Also don’t forget to describe any additional supplies, equipment or replacement parts you are including in your listing (if any).
BUY A DTG PRINTER!
For buyers, this will create a concentrated supply of options to make the buying process easier, while hopefully providing for the best possible deals and the fastest way to compare printers and accessories! Keep the following points in mind, when considering used equipment:
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK! DTG printing is not easy, whether you buy new or used. Make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into and find out everything you can about your potential purchase. Ask about any parts that might need replacing and ask why the user is selling their equipment (don’t necessarily take it at face value when they say “they machine is great, I just don’t have the clients to support it”). Go online and research any brand or model prior to making a decision, and whenever possible, try to see the machine printing in person, before you make any commitments! This is a major decision, so take your time and be smart about the process. Caveat Emptor (“buyer beware”).
- Try to See the Equipment in Action, Prior to Purchasing: Although this was mentioned above, it merits repeating. Nothing will tell you more than actually watching a machine print, while evaluating the actual print speeds, ink costs, output quality, etc (preferably with artwork of your own choosing). If there are any major issues, or if it takes a long time to finally get a decent print, you can understand these before you actually take the printer home. Many people tend to remove the ink from their machines, once they decide they don’t want to do DTG printing anymore – it isn’t always feasible to ask them to re-ink their machine, but someone who wants to make the sale and who is supremely confident with the condition of the printer should be able to accommodate such a request… After all, this is usually not a small purchase.
- Any Deals Made are Strictly Between the Buyer and the Seller: DTG Print Solutions is not involved in any way with any specific transaction, and we do not warrant or guarantee anything that is bought or sold through the Community Marketplace! Just like Craigslist, we provide an open marketplace for users to buy and sell, and it is up to you to do so responsibly. Unlike Craigslist, we provide a highly targeted stream of traffic and a very refined type of products and equipment, tailored specifically to this industry!
CAN I POST AN AD FOR FREE?
Absolutely! The basic ad model is always free, which includes one photo and a short (200 characters) description of what you are selling. However, we also offer additional ad models which allow for more photos and considerably longer descriptions, which would effectively improve your response ratio to any given ad. Photos sell products! Take a look at our various listing options, below:
NOTE: In lieu of paying directly for your ad listings (for premium style ads), you can also purchase Credit Packs which can then be used to pay for your ads. Credits remain on your account until you decide to use them, and packs are available for bulk sellers for as low as .50 per credit! This means your cost for each listing would be half of what you see in the image above! Click here to learn view Credit Pack options.
DOES IT HAVE TO BE USED EQUIPMENT?
No! You can post ads for new equipment and supplies as well.
CAN MANUFACTURERS AND SUPPLIERS POST ADS?
Sure! In fact, we encourage it. However, unless you provide some sort of special offer, package deal or discount to incentive potential buyers to purchase new (rather than used), you might find it difficult to compete against the great deals on used equipment.
HOW DO PEOPLE FIND THE COMMUNITY MARKETPLACE ADS?
We have dedicated an entire portion of the website to the Community Marketplace, which visitors to our website can access by clicking the new link at the top of any page:
Additionally, we have integrated widgets into various portions of the website, which will constantly showing random and Featured ads while users are browsing the DTG Print Solutions website – viewers can even search listings with our powerful search interface, from any page on the site!
Our website is a niche specialty site, focusing on a very specific portion of the market – our readers are exactly the people you are looking for to sell your used DTG printer to! With over 20,000 page views in the last 30 days, we continue to grow our traffic to give you the greatest possibly exposure. Remember, our viewers are highly targeted to this niche, so with your participation we can build the Community Marketplace to a thriving equipment listing in a short period of time.
For a limited time only, we are offering a FREE 30-Day “Enhanced” Listing credit to anyone with a new or used DTG printer to sell! To receive your free credit, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your website account name and we will apply your credit within 24 hours!
Please make sure you have created an account on DTG Print Solutions (see link, below) and include your account name in the e-mail so we know where to apply your free credits! Remember this offer is only for a limited time, so take advantage today and let us help you sell your printer!